Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Universal Disclaimer

UNIVERSAL DISCLAIMER: I don't claim to have this down. I'm a sinner. I'm right along side of you screwing up. I ignore God and disobey Him. But I also love him, and know that no matter what, He is worth obedience. Sometimes I get thoughts on it and want to write them down. And everyone always gets SO hung out on the hypocrite thing. Seriously, we're all hypocrites. I'm sorry if you had a bad experience with Christians preaching one thing and doing another, but that's life. That's not an excuse not go to church, or read your Bible. That's someone else's problem, don't claim it as your own. If we waited till we were perfect to say anything about God, or claim God, or tell our friends about God, or mention God on our MySpace, then nothing would ever happen. We're all human! I don't know if we're scared of misrepresenting Christ and screwing it up for people who are watching our example - which it totally ligit. But we're not preaching our perfection, we're sharing about HIS. And claiming Christianity, is claiming that you're gonna try to live your life in a way that would make God happy. We are going to miss sometimes! But that's okay, as long as you're TRYING. And don't kid yourself, you know when you are and aren't. There's a difference between a sin here and there and a LIFESTYLE of sin. Other times, people are afraid to claim God, because they are scared of getting called out when they screw up. But maybe. . . . that's okay. Maybe we need to get called out. "Hey, aren't you Christian? Why are stumbling drunk, past the point of no return?!" . . . . . . . Hmmmmm, yeah, good point, why AM I???? so please look past my unworthiness to write ANYTHING about a Holy God. And realize, that all I can do is try. here we go-

No comments: