Wednesday, September 10, 2008

What Are You Waiting For?

So, is it bad that I am skeptical of love? Only God is capable of unconditional love, so maybe we need to lower our expectations a little. We can't expect another person to "complete" us. That's not possible. When we seek after God for our completion then, if he wills it, he could give us someone to enhance our lives and in doing so bring glory to himself. Because he is the creator of relationships. When they are done the right way, it makes him happy. But we need to stop looking for purpose in relationships. All that brings is confusion and heartache. It's a waste of energy. Thank God, if you are single, that you can use this time as a single person to build your relationship with him, thereby completing yourself. When the time comes, you'll be able to offer yourself to your spouse as a whole person, without putting unrealistic expectations on them. You can just sit back and enjoy them as a gift, an addition to your life, not a missing piece. Please try and put things into perspective people. Most of us will be blessed with a spouse eventually. So why are we in such a hurry? You're going to be with that person for the rest of your life! What's a few years difference? This time can be used to serve God and grow in a totally different way than you would if you were married! Every single person has the fear that they will end up alone, or have to settle in the end. But guess what? God doesn't have some twisted sense of humor, and he doesn't get pleasure out of seeing you sad! But what he does have is a plan for this period of your life. It is your choice to either fulfil his plan and his purpose, or to waste your time complaining about being single. God know's the desires of your heart! He's your Dad, and DOES want you to be happy! Stop limiting his love for you and his knowledge of your wants and needs. He knows.

2 comments:

Victoria Ruth said...

Hello Serena,

I was reading your thoughts about marriage and being single. I have been married for four years. I got married at 18. I meet my husband in church. I never thought that anyone would want to marry me.

Even though I would say one day I will get married, I was content being single, but God had a plan for me that I never thought could be. I am truely blessed. I know that it is only because of the Lord Jesus that I am hear today. All praises belongs to him.

Serena since the first day I meet you over the summer break, I knew your were a great person. I still believe that you should write your novel and travel the world. Who knows you might even become a travel journalist. I would love to read about your trip to Thailand and see some of the beautiful sights.

God wants us to be happy, in this doesn't mean that if your not married your not happy. You can be single and have unspeakable joy, because the joy of the Lord is your strenght. People think that a husband or a wife will make their life complete. I am here to testify that Jesus is thee only one who can absolutely complete us.

He knows us better than we know ourselves. He knows when we are happy, lonely, angry, and sad. He is touch with the feelings of our infirmities. He loves each and everyone of us.

My advice to any one seeking to be married one day is to allow God to become the center of your life.

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."

God Bless

Cayla said...
This comment has been removed by the author.